Open call for volunteers!
Conquest is run entirely by volunteers – from the convention organisers, the staff at the Registration Desk and in the Canteen, and of course all our Writers and GMs who create and run the games and events you play each year.
Volunteering is not only a fantastic way to help keep our convention running smoothly, but it’s also a great way to meet new people and have a fun time while you’re helping!
There are many different ways you can help out before and during Conquest.
Before the convention you can:
- Design and run a game/event (see Writer/GM Information)
- Offer to help run/GM another person’s game/event
- Help promote Conquest/distribute advertising material (please contact us for more information)
- Help set up the convention space (Friday morning)
During the convention you can:
- Assist the Registration Desk
- Help set up spaces for special events
- Help pack up the convention space (Monday afternoon)
Anyone can be a volunteer at any time before and during the convention, and you can always lend a hand even if you are running or playing in games or events – even if you find yourself with a free session or two over the weekend, your help could make all the difference to us. Register your interest by contacting us.
Please note: This is not paid work, but being a volunteer gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve helped a lot of people (including yourself) have an enjoyable time at the convention!
Interested in volunteering with us in 2018? Apply below!